Question:
i need a head start?
david
2006-05-19 18:40:24 UTC
can anyone tell me how to start or get into the acting business, please send me your informations so i can contact you if you have answers to my problems
Three answers:
jennanna
2006-05-19 20:02:42 UTC
You may try your local film commission. Most of the time they have listings for films that are casting in your area and you can send in a good shot of yourself. An 8X10 headshot would be ideal but if you just want to break in as an extra a polaroid would suffice. Everyone says lessons are good, but sometimes they simply aren't affordable, if you can afford them, great. If not just dive in! And like the others said checking out local theatre groups might help you to get some good experience.
newyorkgal71
2006-05-19 19:36:56 UTC
Join the drama department at your school.

Read as many plays as you can. Go to plays and cultivate an interest in live theater.

It is good to be multi-talented: Do you sing, dance, play an instrument?

Call the theaters in your city and ask if they offer acting classes. Community colleges often teach acting classes.

Call the drama department, at the colleges in your town, and ask if they can recommend acting school in your area.

Good luck.
shandypoo
2006-05-19 18:45:38 UTC
a good start is to do some volunteer work at a community theater and take some classes as they look good to people who are looking for actors