Question:
What do I do at a callback audition (for a film) and what will it be like?
2009-06-04 06:12:26 UTC
I got called back for a small independent film I recently tried out for. This was my first one, so I was a bit surprised. I would really like some tips on how i could do well. Also, some things that I should expect. Please help!
Three answers:
coyote_mirage
2009-06-04 09:56:37 UTC
Don't worry about how the first audition went. You got called back, so in that sense, the audition was successful. Congratulations--that's pretty good for your first audition. You can start out fresh at the callback.

It's hard to know what to expect from the callback without knowing all the details of the film and the first audition, or what advice to give. Certainly, if you think something didn't work, don't do it again.

I suspect that you'll be doing readings from the script (or if you already read from the script, MORE readings), with you reading for the specific part(s) they're considering you for. You'll probably also be reading with the other actors who were called back. The director will be checking to see how you look next to other actors, and how well you play off of each other, and possibly trying out different combinations of actors in different roles. Film is quite a bit more concerned about how you look than Theatre, so keep your head up, don't block your face with your script, and look at your scene partner as much as you can. They need to see you.

Don't worry about what the director "likes"--who knows what's going on in his head? You could be cast or rejected for any reason, and you might also be remembered for another project or recommended to someone else for another film. Be professional and courteous--your working reputation matters.

Just be confident, make compelling acting choices, and do your best. Good luck!
?
2016-11-07 12:26:43 UTC
you will get a great concept of ways you carried out. Your basically desire is to do the ultimate you in all probability can and take it from there. it quite is uncertain to appreciate once you would be noted as returned. yet whilst the production has it on the instant and the quantity of actors to be auditioned are not interior the 1000's, you should anticipate a callback interior a month's time. it quite is tutor corporation. There are in no way any ensures that even if you're chosen you would be the single they bypass with or you in no way understand in the event that they call you later down the line. yet oftentimes, the above is real.
2009-06-04 06:18:04 UTC
they want to see if you "fit" the part....most of the time just do the same thing you did before?